Thursday, June 01, 2006

Ballooning Senior Citizen Love - And All Thanks To Online Dating



It really has been quite a week at Datingmonkey Towers. Our postbags have been stuffed to bursting with testimonials from happy couples, each and every one swearing by the power of online dating.

But this is the one that really pulled my monkey heartstrings.

Betty and Raymond, both 93, were both feeling isolated. Recently bereaved, they were living in retirement homes at opposite ends of the country (Raymond in St Ives, Betty in Aberdeen) - and although they shared their days with similarly jolly OAPs (some more continent than others), the real source of their isolation was their love of balloon sculpture which, although bringing them great personal and private joy, often left others confused.

Betty finally took the plunge last May, and posted an ad on Guardiansoulmates.co.uk. Ray picks up the story: "I had a feeling in my waters that morning, which is no mean feat - first time since 1984, if I'm honest - and I just had to try out this dating on the line. My great-great-niece encouraged me, took a really nice photograph of me in my jacket, and 'posted' it for me. I could hardly believe it when Betty sent me an electronic memo the next day via the fax machine - there she was, as pretty as a picture, holding on tightly to a balloon sculpture of the new partially-built Wembley Stadium!"

Betty and Ray married last month, and are pictured here with their own inimitable artists' impression of their wedding day.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's what I call balloon art!

BTW: your blog takes like 2 min to download... even with a high speed connection.

Don't take my word for it, test it at:
http://www.websiteoptimization.com/services/analyze/

3:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In cyberspace, no one can hear you drool.

4:43 PM  
Blogger NON-WORKINGMONKEY said...

I think you love me, johnnyboy.

xxx

9:43 PM  
Blogger NON-WORKINGMONKEY said...

Rockyjay - weirdly it takes a few seconds wherever I'm trying it but thank you for the splendid link. It has scared the shit out of me, partly because I don't understand it.
Yours Ever
DM x

9:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course I do. How could one not ?

11:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home